Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Why I should not vote for Kinky, but will



No, I don't think he is the best at thinking or speaking on his feet; I do not believe he has a clue as to the working of government and therefore he will have to hire on political insiders to help him out, or he can be like Carter and his Georgia Mafia - a bunch of amateurs who at best just spin their wheels most of the time and at worst cause real damage by gross incompetence.

On the other hand: Texas has a weak governor because of the incredible restraints imposed by our constitution. The Lt Governor has far more power.


Yet I wonder how many of my fellow Texans could name our current Lt. Gov?

But back to Kinky - sometimes it is all about sending messages. Rick Perry is knee deep in the pockets of the insurance lobby and the construction industry. Grandma Strayhorn and Chris Bell frankly just fail to inspire. I worked with Chris Bell at an ABC affiliate back in the 80's. I was a lowly photographer and he a reporter and sometimes anchor. He was a nice enough fellow and I can't think of a bad word to say about him. But he does not have "that vision thing" it seems, or does not share it well if he does.

So Texans have to answer whether they want essentially more of the same, or if they will take the road less traveled in the hope of showing all running for office they better deliver and place constituent interest first.

When Kinky says he will never be bought or sold, I believe him; I also believe he will honestly try to do what he claims he will do. Damned if he fails, if he tries.


No comments: