Monday, October 30, 2006

The Kinky Finger?

IN AN EARLIER POST I guess I implied my vote for Kinky was based more on what his own campaign calls "the finger vote" rather than any real substance.

Well, the more I think about it the more I am convinced that Kinky and I are wrong; there is more than just hat to this cowboy and anyone who claims he has no real ideas is just plain misinformed. He has ideas galore. Now like every candidate, I don't think his every idea is good, but since I do not vote or abstain over single issues, it's not a deal killer.

If I thought the only reason to vote for Kinky Friedman was just to shoot the bird at republicans and democrats, I would never do it. If I thought the only reason to vote for Kinky is because Rick Perry is a RINO whore who helped sell out Texas to developers, builders, foreign corporations and the insurance lobby or because Chris Bell and Carol Foghorn Strayhorn are less stimulating than a block of cheese, I would not do it either.

I hope Kinky in these last few days hits on the substance and rises or falls on it.

No comments: